Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Yo-Yo's Unite and take up the fight

I have created this blog to help anyone who has ever struggled with taking off weight and keeping it off. This a club with many reluctant members. Although it is easy to find someone in the same boat, it is still difficult to talk about it.

Cheryl Richardson once said, "Life is draining without a support system." Isn't that the truth? Nonetheless, our busy lifestyles tend to make a support system a luxury similar to that of caviar. Additionally, since most people with weight problems tend to be jeered and gocked at by the media and the rest of the onlooking public, talking about it is considered almost taboo, which is a ridiculous notion given the fact that most of us, regardless of size, are yo-yo's.

That's right we all yo-yo. On the average most people will yo-yo between 3 and 5 pounds. It's when you get into the 10, 15, 20 and upwards that it becomes a health threat.

I am a personal fitness trainer and I am a classic yo-yo dieter. I have created this blog for anybody who is looking for a support system that will enable them to take control of their life by taking control of their health.

I love to exercise and I love to cook. Here we can all share our stories of loss and gain as we work toward making permanent changes for a healthier happier future.

I have to go and pickup my son now. I will return later with more information on what has worked and failed for me, and where I am at now.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Namaste'
Laura Wise

No comments: